Sunday 1 February 2015

Another Firecrest

On Thursday I found another Firecrest, this time in some bramble in Black Poplar wood giving fantastic views down to two metres! Sadly the heavy rain showers had forced me to leave my camera back in the yard.

On Wednesday, a look out of the office window while doing some bird count data entry into the computer saw me staring at a Great White Egret on the saltmarsh. This is the second day its visited the patch this year so it was good to get it on my Patchwork Challenge list.

Other birds that have made it onto the list include Grey Plover, Golden Plover, Red-breasted Merganser and Red Kite.

This week we've been making repairs to the banks at Water Vole City to make it more safe for the children to play at. On Friday we spent the morning digging a water drainage channel next to a track so that the verge will hopefully dry up allowing a lorry to come in to fix the Heron hide toilets without getting stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment